601 South Belvidere Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 782-1986Get Directions
Who We Are
Since the creation in 1972 by the Virginia General Assembly, Virginia Housing has helped Virginians attain quality, affordable housing through public-private partnerships with local governments, community service organizations, lenders, developers and others. We provide mortgages for first-time homebuyers, as well as financing for apartment communities and neighborhood revitalization efforts. We teach free homebuyer classes, support housing counseling, and help people with disabilities and the elderly make their homes more livable We also administer the federal Housing Choice Voucher and Housing Credit programs in Virginia. Virginia Housing is self-supporting and receives no state taxpayer dollars to fund its programs. Instead, we raise money in the capital markets, and we contribute a significant portion of our net revenues each year to help meet Virginia's housing needs.
- Accessible Housing Resource is available.
- Find an affordable, accessible place to live.
- Learn about grant money for rental units and accessibility modification grants for veterans
- Find out about the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development's Livable Homes Tax Credit
- Search for information on a wide variety of accessible housing resources.
- Access an interactive map and listing of Virginia Centers for Independent Living (CILs).